2017年10月11日水曜日

FLOWER SHOCK ! by Junko Imada after earthquakes in Kumamoto, Japan


Last year, here in Kumamoto, we had 2 extremely powerful earthquakes, 6- and 7 on the Japanese scale as you know.
My project what`s called 
"HIGO-ROCK ! HIGO-ROCCA !" was taking under earthquakes, I made an effort to keep my pace for my work even for duty.

“Higo” is the ancient name of Kumamoto. “Rocca” are 6 exceptional flowers that Samurai took care around 1800, Edo period, after they returned a sword to a government. Now the 6 flowers are symbol of Kumamoto and rigour of this land. Studying this story, following my project I discovered the many valuable purposes for putting up Kumamoto citizens who needed to be encouraged after bad experiences and a risk of life. From May of 2016, every 2 months I continued to make and show a flower of a large size with multi materials - Leather, glass, ceramics, wood, wire, iron, brass ... and a lot of women's old Kimono that I was gifted from Kumamoto citizens for this project. It's been complete 1 year and half after horrific earthquakes. Now I have a collective exhibition in Museum CAMK and I am showing all my flowers, created under earthquakes 2016-2017 together. My heritage is damaged so much by these earthquakes, but now I'm starting to recreate my new world with vivid color and gold, comparing to horrors experiences. 


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿